I record these mixes every year on first day of spring, now the counter hits 12. Melodic tunes varying from chillout, through progressive and deep house to uplifters. Also features my remix of “Impellent”, which sits quite well here. Enjoy!
Ta-da, my first release is live! That was possible thanks to remix contest organised by Black Lemon Records, which I won.
It is 20th production till date and yes, it’s progressive (house?) track. Moreover, this trancy break cut is pretty unfortunate and unrelated to original.
But trust me, it’s a great artistic endeavour. With groove!
I didn’t post for last 2 months, but it was busy and productive time.
It was only 4th place, but enough to make it. Looks like my first and only release will be progressive house. Will make another post when I get more details on this one.
It was my 3rd track this year, but 20th till date. It takes good time to learn production, but finally I’m there.
Secondly, due to this achievement I gave a lecture on how the remix was made and got free LuSH-101 plugin from D16 Group as reward. This trance workhorse is worth another post. My performance was recorded and will be avaliable on video in some months (only in Polish).
Finally, I also took part in remix contest of Andy Groove – Impellent.
Unfortunatelly this time didn’t make it, which makes me sad. It’s a simple but huge uplifter, going to share it soon. I still believe it’s better than anything I made till date.
All in all, you can expect 3 more posts exploring both remixes and the synth in detail. Other than that, I have a bunch of real-life events to sort out for now, but once I’m back, the music will be coming quickly 🙂
I promised two things. First, to make a progressive track. Second, to create a track using (mostly) Ableton Push. And here it is! Complete production done under a week. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
It is very simple. Prog / deep house bass were based on online tutorials, lead chords were just a random sequence. Then comes 4/4 percussion with 808 samples. If something worked, I didn’t think twice but just keep it.
I also added ethnic drums to keep some interest. There were all played live, but unfortunatelly I’m not so good to play anything immediately usable. I spent two hours quanitizing them by hand.
There are also some random effects and distractions, all drowned in dub delay. All the “depth” of a track comes from evolving delay chain in the background. Pretty much generative music, apart from it not much happens in the arrangement.
Last but not least, the arrangement was played in Session mode – which is launching clips live. It gives very different approach to even prepare this clips for live play and probably helps me feel the progressive nature of track better. Playing live gives direct connection with track, unlike setting up arbitrary arrangement in Arrangement view.
All in all, it’s the music that matters – not only if it’s good, but also if it comes fast. Since it’s finished and complete production, I may turn to next projects. In spare time, that is, don’t have much of it in last months.
A bit late this year, but still here. I’ve been doing spring mixes for 10 years now and can’t stop!
There’s actually a lot of different stuff going on in this set, from deep to prog house, followed by melodic nad uplifting trance. Also there’s one of my own tracks “Bliss” and it fits so nicely 🙂 More details to follow.
01. You Are My Salvation – When The Forest Sleeps (CJ Art Downtempo Mix)
02. Katrin Souza – Incepto (Stasik T Remix)
03. Bee Hunter – Wavecatcher (Original Mix)
04. Linemoon – Unfamiliar (Original Mix)
05. Fon.Leman – You Can’t Hide (Original Mix)
06. Cammel – Butterfly Effect (Original Mix)
07. Lesh – Horizons (Original Mix)
08. Martin Graff & Kalim Milo – Ghosts Of Africa
09. Robin Hagglund – Oxygen (Original Mix)
10. Max Freegrant & Yuji Ono – Above The Sky (Original Mix)
11. PYEP – Summer Breeze (Original Mix)
12. ToShuk – Leaving Feelings (Original Mix)
13. Damian Wasse – Say Goodbye (Pure Mix)
14. Allende – The 3rd Sequence (Phase One Mix)
15. Koishii & Hush feat. Gillian Gilbert – Lifetime (Saltmarine Remix)
16. Hoyaa & Joakim Sjoberg – Stardust (Original Mix)
17. Ferry Tayle – Glorious Deception (Extended Mix)
18. Mario De Caine – Ankara (Original Mix)
19. Royksopp – I Had This Thing (Solarstone Pure Mix)
20. Stine Grove – This World Is Full Of Goodbyes (Sergy Shabanov Remix)
21. Ferry Tayle & Stonevalley – Battle Of The Barrels (Extended Mix)
22. Myk Bee – Synergy (2015 Mix)
23. Warmonger – Bliss (Original Mix)
24. Emre Colak – One Day (Original Mix)
25. Frozen Skies – Rise of Atlantis (Club Mix)
26. Rene Ablaze & Ian Buff feat. Diana Leah – I’ll Find My Way (Original Mix)
27. Michael Retouch – Illuminated (Original Mix)
28. Roman Messer feat. Eskova – Without You (Elite Electronic Remix)
29. Soundlift – My Garden (Original Mix)
Enjoy the spring!
Polish DJ Chris Vestley asked me to do a progressive guestmix for his radioshow. The deepest set I ever mixed, also the first time I record progressive stuff on my XDJ-RX. The set already got into charts, so you better don’t miss it 🙂
Another episode of progressive podcast. This time it turned out more deep rather than chilled, but it’s just as good as usual. Only minor keys – perfect for long winter nights.
01. Sound Quelle – Allarg (Original Mix)
02. JayB – Reverberation (Deep Mix)
03. Flynn & Denton – Second Chapter (Gai Barone Remix)
04. Reiklavik – Hex (Nkoder Remix)
05. Solid Stone & Jennifer Rene – Not Enough (Thomas Vink Remix)
06. Chris Deep – Step Forward
07. Laniakea – Free Fall (Original Mix)
08. Schodt – Gianni (Sundriver Remix)
09. Jallen – Blue Horizons
10. Rich Smith, Kimberly Hale – When the Sun Comes Up (Original Mix)
11. 2loop & EvGen FM – Sand Castles (Original Mix)
12. Roman Babanov – Sunny Summer (Original Mix)
13. Laniakea – Lost In Time (Original Mix)
14. Red Sun Rising – Moments When We Wonder
15. Daniel Lesden & Cosmithex – Genesis (You Are My Salvation Remix)
16. Jean Pierre Mirage – Athos (Original Mix)
17. DJ Deny – Mind Trick (Rangga Electroscope Remix)
18. Airforlife feat. Sam Vince – Summer Love (Chill Mix)
19. Jeremy Vancaulart, Assaf feat. Laura Aqui – The Space Between
20. Aigio Vono – Yuki (Original Mix)
21. The Green Martian – A Last One For The Road (Gary Delaney Oldschool Remix)
22. Roman Hope – LTA
23. Vasiliy Goodkov – Amethyst (Original Mix)
24. Lence & Pluton – Shine (Original Mix)
25. Matt Holliday – New Leaf (Original Mix)
26. Forerunners – Fading Signs (Original Mix)
27. Furkan Senol – Lost (Original Mix)
28. Hazem Beltagui – The Unbroken (Original Mix)
Thanks to this set I already was asked to do a guestmix. More info next week!