I made a resolution that I will be more productive this year. It doesn’t mean I will work more though, rather that will waste less time on activities that are useless. In particular, listening to hundreds of tracks and not playing any of them in the end is a huge waste. So here I wrapped up my Pure Trance collection. Very satisfied with this mix:
Back with a mix, long time no see! I couldn’t find much time for music lately, mostly as Stema Summer Sale got me 😉 But now I’m back on track, mixing music but also making it. As I don’t record mixes recently, the tracklists are getting too old. Need to catch up, have another similiar mix soon, or maybe more. To get anywhere with it, one needs to perform it on regular basis.
This set is an absolute premiere of my new production “Introscope”, which was born in pain over last two (!) years and kept in shadows, but finally coming close to completion. More details will be coming in the fllowing months.
Now, enjoy the mix!
Didn’t record anything for a while, here it is. Full-on psytrance, banging tracks and weird stuff.
Despite I spent quite some time picking these tracks, each of them seems to be mastered completely different. It is very difficult to make consistent transitions with weird material like that live. Or I’m just getting old. At least a lot is going on in this set, maybe that’s an advantage for you?
The trick was that I learned about the contets only one day before it was opened for entries. Starting from nothing, I somehow still managed to make it. Still tracklist was rushed, mix – improvised and I didn’t even listen to it before upload. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Usual tech & uplifting power 8)
The game plan is as follows:
Until end of October all sets will be ready (but it will hit 50 entries limit quickly). Then, between 1st and 20th November you can listen to the sets.
Next month, between 21st and 30th November, there’s voting on Afterhours.fm boards for members. Your support will be mostly appreciated. Next day results will be revelead, based on votes and ratings from AH staff. There are 50 contestants and 20 winners, so it couldn’t be easier 😉
Oh, and check the tracklist:
So I got adventurous and purchased serious audio interface – NI Komplete Audio 6. It replaces my old E-MU 0202 USB.
This 9-old year interface was alright and still served me well, so I bought Audio 6 quite in advance. I’m hoping to expand with serious studio monitors (finally!), hardware synth, or maybe guitar. But it’s all distant future.
However, good interface gives me some immediate benefits – both planned and unexpected.
Firts of all, I’m finally able to connect my XDJ-RX to other gear – in particular home speakers and PC. Record directly to Audacity or, better yet, Ableton with some effects – not only generic mastering strip, but also some creative FX played live. Need to try it out someday.
Secondly, I am finally, finally able to run Ableton and any other audio application at same time. Be it Audacity, Winamp, Rekordbox or just Youtube tutorials and cat movies. Previously it was impossible, so I had to close Ableton in order to check anything and hope that interface doesn’t collapse into erratic state (aliasing at lower sample rate, maybe?). Now it’s all gone. You can imagine how much time it saves me (or how much time previous interface wasted).
As to Komplete Audio 6 itself – someone on forums said “it’s build like tank”. Absolutely. It’s like a brick, but covered with aluminium. You could kill somebody with it. Works smoothly, has current Windows 10 drivers and nice config window.
Oh, and they gave me some NI stickers in box. The box also comes with a selection of NI crapware, including demos for Kontakt (seriously?) and a discount voucher. The voucher expires 3 months after it’s activated, so I simply didn’t activate anything. Overall, everything but stickers is a komplete waste of time.
All in all, I’m very satisfied with this interface. Now I need to figure out where to place stickers.
Back to DJing!
I wanted to finally make full-on psytrance mix. This one turned out to be dark still, but it goes all the way up to 148 BPM. Who’s afraid of 148?
01. Sine Eye – Orient Express (Original Mix)
02. Sideform- Digital Fortress (Original Mix)
03. Vertical Mode – Time Code
04. James Dymond – Samples Of Silk (Activa Remix)
05. Planet 6 – Fata Morgana
06. Ovnimoon vs. Middle Mode – Izolan (Wizack Twizack Remix)
07. Freaked Frequency & Galactic Jungle – Topina (Original Mix)
08. Moon Tripper – Abundance (Original Mix)
09. Yahel – Dawn Rises (Original Mix)
10. Kessler & Mazzar – Crow (Original Mix)
11. Kessler – Jupiter
12. Materia, Waio – Collision (Original Mix)
13. Anatomic – Boom Satya (Original Mix)
14. Marian Closca Pres. Cybernetic Core – Human Puzzle (Original Mix)
15. Ex-Gen – Zombification (Tetrikal Rmx)
16. Obliviant – DJ Wh1pla$h
17. Theseus – Project 13 (Original Mix)
It was an interesting experience, simplicity and irregular structure of psytrance gives a lot of room for improvisation… such as cutting track in the half, no one will notice.
I might do another psy mix. With my workflow it takes many more times to complete a tracklist than to actually mix the tracks, and there are dozens of them still waiting. We will see.
Another day, another mix. This year I try to upload new set every 2 weeks. Know that it takes time.
This pure trance mix is a combination of dark (mostly C minor) and melodic tracks, featuring lots of vocals and epic breaks. Enjoy!
01. Romm & Alex Believe ft. Love Dimension – Blue Eyes (Grazba Remix)
02. Radion6, Jo Cartwright – Experience As One (Kaimo K Remix)
03. Oldfix feat. Gertz – Himera (Time Axis Remix)
04. Cj Stereogun, Margo Fly – Renaissance (Original Mix)
05. Afternova – Heavenly (Essential Mix)
06. Radion6 & Sarah Lynn – A Desert Rose (Allen & Envy Remix)
07. Jaki Song – Broken (New World Remix)
08. MaRLo feat. Christina Novelli – Hold It Together (Ahmed Romel Remix)
09. Roman Messer feat. Eric Lumiere – Closer (Ucast Remix)
10. Alex Shevchenko – Hammer Of Witches (Original Mix)
11. Tycoos – The Road Less Traveled (A&Z Remix)
12. Cj Stereogun & Margo Fly – The Feeling Of Flying (Original Mix)
13. DJ Harn & Spins – An Angels Sight (Original Mix)
14. Abide – The Lost Feeling (Sky Flight Remix)
15. Menno De Jong & Kinetica – Aurealis (Original Mix)
16. Skyvol – Not Like They (Fredd Moz Remix)
17. Cat Martin, Daniel Skyver – No One Else feat. Cat Martin (Original Mix)
18. Emanuele Congeddu vs First Sight & Nadia Sazonova – Black Orchid (Original Mix)
19. Barakooda – Aroma (I5land Remix)