It’s the same time again! This time I participated in main EOYC 2016 Contest hosted on Afterhours.fm board. Hoping to win again this year and be a part of EOYC 2016 event.
The trick was that I learned about the contets only one day before it was opened for entries. Starting from nothing, I somehow still managed to make it. Still tracklist was rushed, mix – improvised and I didn’t even listen to it before upload. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Usual tech & uplifting power 8)
Until end of October all sets will be ready (but it will hit 50 entries limit quickly). Then, between 1st and 20th November you can listen to the sets.
Next month, between 21st and 30th November, there’s voting on Afterhours.fm boards for members. Your support will be mostly appreciated. Next day results will be revelead, based on votes and ratings from AH staff. There are 50 contestants and 20 winners, so it couldn’t be easier 😉
Here it is! An attempt to fit “yearmix” in just an hour. 13 tracks is absolutely not enough for me, but nevertheless people who manage to tune in in the morning enjoyed the show. Now you can all listen to the mix whenever you wish 😉
01. Fady & Mina – Kinetics (Original Mix)
02. Dreamy – Then There Was (Phil Parry Remix)
03. Kinetica & Dave Wright – Raze
04. Emanuele Congeddu & Allam – Redemeer’s Sundown (Original Mix)
05. Aeden – Violet (Neo Kekkonen Remix)
06. Adam Ellis – Culture Vulture (Vlind Remix)
07. Dreamy – Defender (Original Mix)
08. Ula – Memories (A&S Remix)
09. Martin Libsen – Ascension (Original Mix)
10. Rich Smith feat. TJ Vincent – If I Was Human (Original Mix)
11. Dark Fusion feat. Amy Kirkpatrick – I Just Close My Eyes (Sunset Remix)
12. Yusef Kifah – Nibiru (Original Mix)
13. Matt Harrison – Her Name Was Ora (Force Multipliers 303 Remix)
Other than that, I don’t plan any other yearmix. Looking forward to future opportunities for great sets 🙂
Okay, let’s keep it up! 17 tracks in just 76 minutes is kind of kickass.
01. Mark Richardson – Mekanikal (Original Mix)
02. Kinetica & Dave Wright – Raze
03. Dreamy – Then There Was (Phil Parry Remix)
04. Frank Dueffel – Adiabatic (Original Mix)
05. Icone – Luna (Skyborn Remix)
06. Frank Dueffel – Trigger (Mostfa & Mostfa Remix)
07. SkyAlmost – Rome (Stephane Badey Remix)
08. Zach Zlov – Spellbound (Truenorth Remix)
09. Kinetica & Dave Wright – Snapshot
10. Mark L – Collision (Original Mix)
11. Talla 2xlc – The Spring Is My Love (Indecent Noise Remix)
12. Dreamy – Zap Cannon (Original Mix)
13. Syntouch – The Longest Journey (Unbeat Remix)
14. Driftstorm – Hypnotic Skydive (UP3 Remix)
15. Frank Dueffel – Capsaicin (Extended Mix)
16. Colin McNeil – Cloudscience (Kinetica Mix)
17. U-Mount- Princess Of The Moon (Original Mix)
I figured out how to use ambiguous function “master tempo” to mix all the tracks in key, as I like. XDJ-RX algorithm feels really good and doesn’t distort tracks like Ableton does. Now it’s time to conquer the world.
I passed to final round of We Love Trance contest. Three out of 12 finalists will be able to play at upcoming party on 9th May.Check my entry live mix:
01. Tom Rogers – Frozen (Original Mix)
02. Rob Corbo – Keep Rising (Skyborn Remix)
03. James Kelly – 400 (Extrema 400 Official Anthem)
04. TrancEye – Two Different Worlds (Rene Ablaze & Ian Buff Remix)
05. Danny Legato – Function (Javy X Remix)
06. Matt Skyer – Necromancy (Original Mix)
07. Natlife feat. Muhib Khan – Elenda (Aero 201 Darker Mix)
08. N20 vs. Cell X – Alive (Will Rees Remix)
09. Allura – A Heartfelt Cry (Original Mix)
10. Matt Bukovski feat. Cynthia Hall – Slave To Doubt (Original Mix)
11. Allen Watts & Mike Van Fabio – Velvet Blue (Original Mix)
12. Kinetica & Mike Sanders – Andromeda (Original Mix)
13. Skyvol – Neptune (Original Mix)
Unfortunatelly the public voting is decided by number of followers DJs already have. All I can do here is to get some attention from random strangers. Still, you can support me in poll here:
Ideas – we all have them. My single from last year, “Investigations”, is a collection of ideas not correctly developed. The more I listened to and played this track, the more scared I was. Behold! It’s now free for download.
The track was originally made in summer 2014. I played it a number of times since then in different versions. Finally reworked it just yesterday with new mixdown setup and some tricks which make it sound clean and bouncy. This way you can it all clearly, be it good or bad.
It also turns out that making trance sound very good and proper is easy – once you know how to. For all these years I was lost in details and messed up the basics. The base is correct bass and kick interaction as well as lots of dynamics. Once you got this done, every sound follows easily. Just check it out on your own.
A random observation: Soundcloud stats since some time act randomly, going up and down. Don’t know what to think about that, or how many people actually enjoyed the track.