2018 was unusual year, as I feel something has changed. Unlike in previous years, which were mostly all the same, bare from occasional musical enterprises.
A bit late this year, but it’s here – as ever since 2006. Do the maths!
Okay, let’s keep it up! 17 tracks in just 76 minutes is kind of kickass.
01. Mark Richardson – Mekanikal (Original Mix)
02. Kinetica & Dave Wright – Raze
03. Dreamy – Then There Was (Phil Parry Remix)
04. Frank Dueffel – Adiabatic (Original Mix)
05. Icone – Luna (Skyborn Remix)
06. Frank Dueffel – Trigger (Mostfa & Mostfa Remix)
07. SkyAlmost – Rome (Stephane Badey Remix)
08. Zach Zlov – Spellbound (Truenorth Remix)
09. Kinetica & Dave Wright – Snapshot
10. Mark L – Collision (Original Mix)
11. Talla 2xlc – The Spring Is My Love (Indecent Noise Remix)
12. Dreamy – Zap Cannon (Original Mix)
13. Syntouch – The Longest Journey (Unbeat Remix)
14. Driftstorm – Hypnotic Skydive (UP3 Remix)
15. Frank Dueffel – Capsaicin (Extended Mix)
16. Colin McNeil – Cloudscience (Kinetica Mix)
17. U-Mount- Princess Of The Moon (Original Mix)
I figured out how to use ambiguous function “master tempo” to mix all the tracks in key, as I like. XDJ-RX algorithm feels really good and doesn’t distort tracks like Ableton does. Now it’s time to conquer the world.
Beautiful, isn’t it?
Since 2006 I hosted 3 radioshows and recorded almost 300 mixes. However, it’s the first time that I have my own DJ gear. At least now I know how to use it. This is latest model with a number of features, so will serve me well for years.
Expect a plenty of mixes in the following days, recorded on this beauty.
Thanks to Septr from Ableton forum I was able to construct perfectly transparent 8-band DJ mixer out of stock Ableton plugins. It’s very simple to use and minimal on CPU. Also, it’s free. What more could one ask for?
How to use it? Drop an instance on each channel you plan to mix, then crossfade. Typical workflow:
- Swap band 3
- Swap band 2
- Swap band 1
- Fade band 8 all over the mix, fade band 4 when there is too much melodic content
Of course it may work different for your mixing style, different music genre or specific material. But most certainly it will work.
Please do not re-upload this rack, always link to my blog.
It’s the first episode I recorded with new mixer setup. It’s so good I can pretty much mix a set blindly, without listening to it. Feels like cheating. Still, there is no reason not to use advantages of modern technology, especially when I design them on my own.
I plan to expand this setup and mix with Push as only controller in the following weeks, later try to connect it to proper DJ players for ultimate pro and live setup. It it’s successful, I’ll reveal the design and explain it in detail.
01. Savon – Blue Water (Para X Remix)
02. Adam Ellis & Neev Kennedy – Reason To Believe (Original Mix)
03. Philip Mayer – Centaur (Original Mix)
04. Ram & Stine Grove – RAMore (Original Mix)
05. Sava – The Journey (Dreamy Remix)
06. Indecent Noise ft. Noire Lee – Glitches (Allan Morrow Remix)
07. Mitchell Claxton – Dive (Icedream Remix)
08. Tucandeo & Esmee Bor Stotijn – Northern Lights (Matt Bukovski Remix)
09. Ronny K. – Heroes & Victims (Original Mix)
10. Nick Callaghan & Second Sine – Make Me Human (Stephane Badey Remix)
11. Robbie Van Doe – Daywalker (Original Mix)
12. Akku – Fire In Your Tears (Siliccom Remix)
13. Classic: The Thrillseekers – New Life (Lange Mix)
01. Trizet – Aqua (Original Mix)
02. Peter Hulsmans – Second Drop (Jimmy Chou Remix)
03. 2trancY – Resonance (Original Mix)
04. Mark Bester & Ivan Ice-Berg – Orchid (Mr Carefull Remix)
05. DJ Kim – Jetlag (Space Raven 2014 Remix)
06. Ruslan Radriges – Neverland (Mike Spinner Remix)
07. John O’Callaghan feat. Jennifer Rene – Games (Standerwick Remix)
08. Nivaya – I Miss You (Original Mix)
09. Slyder – Score (Michael Milov Remix)
10. Kosmonova – Ayla (Kinetica Remake)
11. Raphael Mayers – The Sounds Of Life (Original Emotional Mix)
12. Erida feat. Eva Kade – Exosphere (Patrick Kay Remix)
13. Classic: Tukan – Light a Rainbow (CJ Stone Remix)
If you follow the blog, you may remember what I said about perfect mix: it’s when listeners can’t tell when one track ends and the other starts.
Well, it’s time to raise the bar. The good mix is when I can’t tell it myself. The tracklist for this episode was pretty rushed, but turned out to work well.