I record these mixes every year on first day of spring, now the counter hits 12. Melodic tunes varying from chillout, through progressive and deep house to uplifters. Also features my remix of “Impellent”, which sits quite well here. Enjoy!
Didn’t record anything for a while, here it is. Full-on psytrance, banging tracks and weird stuff.
Despite I spent quite some time picking these tracks, each of them seems to be mastered completely different. It is very difficult to make consistent transitions with weird material like that live. Or I’m just getting old. At least a lot is going on in this set, maybe that’s an advantage for you?
Now the poll for EOYC 2016 DJ contest is open. I would like to win again this year, though the rules are different now.
So here is the poll.
And here is the set:
Honestly I hate public voting. The difficulty is not to make even the greatest set, but to make anyone listen to it. People don’t have time to check 50 hours of music, obviously. As a result, spammers win. Luckily now only forum members can vote there are 20 places to take.
The trick was that I learned about the contets only one day before it was opened for entries. Starting from nothing, I somehow still managed to make it. Still tracklist was rushed, mix – improvised and I didn’t even listen to it before upload. Hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Usual tech & uplifting power 8)
The game plan is as follows:
Until end of October all sets will be ready (but it will hit 50 entries limit quickly). Then, between 1st and 20th November you can listen to the sets.
Next month, between 21st and 30th November, there’s voting on Afterhours.fm boards for members. Your support will be mostly appreciated. Next day results will be revelead, based on votes and ratings from AH staff. There are 50 contestants and 20 winners, so it couldn’t be easier 😉
Oh, and check the tracklist:
Back to DJing!
I wanted to finally make full-on psytrance mix. This one turned out to be dark still, but it goes all the way up to 148 BPM. Who’s afraid of 148?
01. Sine Eye – Orient Express (Original Mix)
02. Sideform- Digital Fortress (Original Mix)
03. Vertical Mode – Time Code
04. James Dymond – Samples Of Silk (Activa Remix)
05. Planet 6 – Fata Morgana
06. Ovnimoon vs. Middle Mode – Izolan (Wizack Twizack Remix)
07. Freaked Frequency & Galactic Jungle – Topina (Original Mix)
08. Moon Tripper – Abundance (Original Mix)
09. Yahel – Dawn Rises (Original Mix)
10. Kessler & Mazzar – Crow (Original Mix)
11. Kessler – Jupiter
12. Materia, Waio – Collision (Original Mix)
13. Anatomic – Boom Satya (Original Mix)
14. Marian Closca Pres. Cybernetic Core – Human Puzzle (Original Mix)
15. Ex-Gen – Zombification (Tetrikal Rmx)
16. Obliviant – DJ Wh1pla$h
17. Theseus – Project 13 (Original Mix)
It was an interesting experience, simplicity and irregular structure of psytrance gives a lot of room for improvisation… such as cutting track in the half, no one will notice.
I might do another psy mix. With my workflow it takes many more times to complete a tracklist than to actually mix the tracks, and there are dozens of them still waiting. We will see.