Today my humble discography doubled in size 😉 It’s the first solo single released on Speedsound label, available in stores all around the Internet.
Didn’t record anything for a while, here it is. Full-on psytrance, banging tracks and weird stuff.
Despite I spent quite some time picking these tracks, each of them seems to be mastered completely different. It is very difficult to make consistent transitions with weird material like that live. Or I’m just getting old. At least a lot is going on in this set, maybe that’s an advantage for you?
Back to DJing!
I wanted to finally make full-on psytrance mix. This one turned out to be dark still, but it goes all the way up to 148 BPM. Who’s afraid of 148?
01. Sine Eye – Orient Express (Original Mix)
02. Sideform- Digital Fortress (Original Mix)
03. Vertical Mode – Time Code
04. James Dymond – Samples Of Silk (Activa Remix)
05. Planet 6 – Fata Morgana
06. Ovnimoon vs. Middle Mode – Izolan (Wizack Twizack Remix)
07. Freaked Frequency & Galactic Jungle – Topina (Original Mix)
08. Moon Tripper – Abundance (Original Mix)
09. Yahel – Dawn Rises (Original Mix)
10. Kessler & Mazzar – Crow (Original Mix)
11. Kessler – Jupiter
12. Materia, Waio – Collision (Original Mix)
13. Anatomic – Boom Satya (Original Mix)
14. Marian Closca Pres. Cybernetic Core – Human Puzzle (Original Mix)
15. Ex-Gen – Zombification (Tetrikal Rmx)
16. Obliviant – DJ Wh1pla$h
17. Theseus – Project 13 (Original Mix)
It was an interesting experience, simplicity and irregular structure of psytrance gives a lot of room for improvisation… such as cutting track in the half, no one will notice.
I might do another psy mix. With my workflow it takes many more times to complete a tracklist than to actually mix the tracks, and there are dozens of them still waiting. We will see.
Hey, I didn’t post any track in a long time. It doesn’t mean they are not coming, just I’m trying not to reveal too much. To prove I’m still alive, here’s a short snippet from my full-on psytrance attempt.
I think I got it – it’s trippy but also getting more psy-ish with all these weird squelches in the background. Also trying hard to break the loop symmetry.
Most of stuff in this demo is done with Ableton Operator. Some sounds also come from my new purchase Harmor – which will get separate post once I examine it inside-out.